November 11, 2014
Executive Music Boosters Meeting Call to Order: 7:05 pm
Attendees: Co-Presidents Rachel Pavey and Tracey Logan, 1st Vice Presidents Laura VanDale & Karen Levis, 2nd Vice President Katie Norman, 3rd Vice President/Teacher Representatives Peter Hampton and Beth Hankins, Treasurer Carolina Lawrence, Recording Secretary Monica Owen, LMB members Michael Gill and Lori Marjonovic, student Abi Norman
LMB board members selected which winter concerts they would attend for ticket sales, money management.
- December 2 – Laura Van Dale
- December 4 – Tracey Logan
- December 8 – Monica Owen, ice cream Karen Levis
- December 9 – Rachel Pavey, ice cream Peter Hampton and Beth Hankins
- December 10 – Rachel Pavey or Tracey Logan, ice cream Laura Van Dale
- December 11 – Katie Norman
- December 17 – Katie Norman
- December 18 – Jenny Barnett Rohrs
President’s Report: Tracey Logan and Rachel Pavey
- Website is up and running, Paypal up and running
- Amy Chodzin will be mail pick up person for LHS. Katie Norman will check middle schools and bring any mail to Amy Chodzin
1st Vice Presidents: Laura Van Dale and Karen Levis
- Discussed possibly a fundraiser night at Angelo’s in February and Jammy Buggar’s in March
- Discussed Indians or Monsters fundraiser. Indians game was rejected due to significant time commitment. Monsters fundraiser is 50/50 raffle and opportunity to sell 100 tickets (LMB cost = $12 and sale proce = $20). LMB would like to do this the night that the Middle School Choirs sing the National Anthem.
- Other fundraising ideas were brainstormed, no decision
2nd Vice President: Katie Norman
- .Needed list of LMB board members who will attend concerts.
3rd Vice Presidents: Peter Hampton and Beth Hankins
- Peter and Beth spoke with Board of Education and received permission for LMB to change concert ticket prices. LMB would like to changes prices so that there are not so many different prices between middle and high school concerts. Peter and Beth heard concerns from middle school music teachers that the winter concerts were too soon to let parents know about the change in the prices. The concert ticket prices are in the Middle School Music Handbook.
- Beth attended a meeting about Light Up Lakewood. Mary Bond is in need of 3 people at two different shifts at Lakewood Hospital that day (11am-1pm and 1-3pm). Rachel Pavey will f/u with email about best way to line up volunteers.
- Julie Tabaj is having a Polka party on December 3 with guest musician Alex Meixner.
- Beth and Peter reported that they had researched the acoustic system for the new construction. The current plans budget for $10,000 for acoustics in Black Box Theater, music department, gym, cafeteria, and academic wing. Beth and Peter took quotes from companies that worked Severence Hall and Playhouse Square. Those prices came in at $100,000+ and $83,000, respectively. To use the $83,000 acoustics, the money is needed now. $63,520 is for the music department and Black Box Theater. The Board of Education will cover the difference between the $83,000 and $63,520. LHS Music Department is asking for the following contributions LMB = $12,000, Barnstormers = $12,000, Choir = $6,000, Band = $15,000, and Orchestra $15,000. The LMB Board voted to approve this request.
Treasurer: Carolina Ramirez-Lawrence
- There is a $846.20 bill for Rettig’s music (parts and instrument supplies) that is from 2013-2014, but the books were already closed when the bill arrived. LMB Board voted to cover this expense separately from 2014-2015 band budget.
Membership Chair: Amy Chodzin
- Amy brought the new LMB banner made by Erie Design. Erie Design donated the stand for the banner
- Current: 167 members, $8510 memberships, $290 Gilmore Fund, $150 Niko Fund, $220 Davis Fund
- Amy is not receiving enough information with the Paypal memberships – only dollar amount and email address. She needs name (and how they want it to be shown in the programs) and student’s name. We will request Jenny to make changes.
Recording Secretary: Monica Owen
- No new information
A social gathering/meet and greet for LMB members was set for January 13. This will not take place at LHS. Music teachers will be encouraged to attend.
Abi Norman inquired whether there could be a student representative on the LMB board. The board agreed this was a good idea. There was some discussion whether this always needed to be the same student or maybe a group of students could take turns. No formal decision was made.