Please help us by volunteering for upcoming concerts.
Use the link below to sign up
Thank you very much
May 4-6: Little Women the Musical, LHS musical
May 9th: 8th Grade Spring Concert
May 10th: Grant Instrumental Concert
May 11th: LHS Jazz Band Concert
May 11th: Roosevelt Spring Concert 2pm
May 12th: LHS Chamber choir, Vive L’four, Fourtes
May 16th: LHS Orchestra concert
May 17th: LHS Choral concert
May 18th: 6th Grade Spring Concert
May 19th: Horace Mann Spring Concert
May 19th: Lakewood Music Boosters Sing and Serve at Around the Corner
May 20th: Spring Lakewood Project Concert
May 22nd: 7th Grade Spring Concert
May 24th: 5th Grade Instrumental Concert
May 25th: LHS Band Concert
May 31st: Hayes Spring Concert
LMB Conveyor NPF-350-DD
With the new high school getting completed, the music teachers have requested additional funding for vital equipment such as an electrical industrial garment conveyer and trolley system for safely moving and storing precious clothing such as marching band uniforms, concert dresses, and costumes for the Barnstormers Drama Club used throughout more than twenty performances each year. This will be utilized by the entire George P.Read Music Department.
This garment storage and trolley system will cost approximately $22, 000. We need help to raise these funds.
Please buy a ‘Hanger’ for the new storage system and your name or whoever’s name will be on a plaque in the new performing arts wing.
Email Lkwdmusicboosters@gmail.com with what name to go on each hanger that you purchase.
Thank you for your support!
One ‘hanger’ for $30
Four ‘hangers’ for $100
LMB Conveyor NPF-350-DD
Please support the Lakewood Music Boosters by purchasing a ‘Hanger’ and have your student/Family name proudly presented in the new performing arts wing opening August 2017
March 2nd: LHS Band contest concert 7:30pm Civic
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic bands perform their contest pieces
March 9th: LHS Jazz Festival 7:30pm Civic,
Harding and Garfield middle school jazz bands and LHS jazz workshop and LHS Jazz band
March 10th: Large group OMEA District contest at Midview East Intermediate School
March 11th: Large group OMEA District contest at Westlake High school
Tentative times for the Band:
Wind Ensemble – 10:30 AM
Symphonic Band – 3:30 PM
March 15th: Elementary Choir Festival 7pm Civic
The elementary extracurricular choir perform individually and together, Vive a la Four and Fourtes will also be performing.
March 16th: Angelo’s fundraiser for Lakewood Music boosters!
March 17th: Grant Elementary 1:30pm at Grant elementary school
Grades 2 & 3/Grant Singers
March 18th: Middle school Greater Cleveland Solo and Ensemble at Fairview Park
March 22nd: 8th Grade band festival 7:30pm Civic,
Harding and Garfield 8th grade bands perform with LHS Wind Ensemble
March 30th and 31st: Garfield 8th grade play 7:00pm both nights
8th grade play “Half Frozen” at Garfield middle school cafeteria, This play is a drama loosely based on the movie Frozen.
Save the date: Friday, May 19th Lakewood Music boosters will be holding a fund raiser at Around the Corner. Save the date to come for our gathering and enjoy food and drinks!
We are selling 100 football ‘squares’ for the 51st Superbowl Sunday, February 5, 2017 – NRG Stadium – Houston, TX. Each square that you purchase gives you a chance to win $200.
Once all the ‘square’ tickets are sold we will randomly assign you a football square per ticket. You just need to wait til the game is played to see if you are a winner. A winner will be determined at the end of the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and Final Game score. The winner is determined by looking at the last number in each teams’ score, and then matching those numbers on the grid and seeing which square intersects those two numbers. An example would be if the Miami Dolphins were playing the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, and the score at halftime was Miami Dolphins 23, and NY Giants 14. The last number for the Dolphins is 3, and the last number for the Giants is 4. The square on the grid that has the Dolphins with a number of 3, and Giants score of 4, would be the winner.
Minutes for Lakewood Music Boosters General Meeting
January 4, 2017
(Unofficial due to less than 8 general members in attendance)
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
President report (Tracey Logan):
- $22,000 needed for industrial garment rack in new Performing Arts Wing at LHS
- Selling “hangers” at $30/each or 4/$100 to raise funds
- Funds also needed for new choir shells and a music library storage system.
- During the 6 winter concerts, free-will donations, silent auction, and concessions, helped raise funds for these items. Ticket sales go to the teachers, not Boosters.
Treasurer Report (Mike Whitkofski):
- ~ $9,000 raised through memberships (current total)
- Free-will donations instead of 50/50 raffle during winter concerts brought in $2,511.29.
- Boosters received 2 large donations in December: $10,000 and $500.
1st V.P. Report (Beth Bender Thomas):
- Lakewood Festival of Music will be coming up in the Spring. (Date hasn’t been chosen.) Last year was the first year for the Festival and it raised $1700.
- Annual fruit sale didn’t do well this year.
- Booster Card – We haven’t done door-to-door sales.
- Pub Cards haven’t been created yet.
Ryan Snyder, attendee, has business called Mascot Booster. It’s a phone app instead of a physical discount card. Organizations receive 90% profit, local deals, and the company procures the deals. Provides 1 year of discounts.
3rd V.P. Report (Clinton Steinbrunner and Aaron Waryk):
- Middle schools say thank you to the Boosters for helping with concerts. They are preparing for OMEA contests.
- Elementary schools say thank you, too.
- Ukulele instructional program to be offered at elementary schools for 5th graders who aren’t in band/orchestra. This will be in addition to piano, and guitar, which are already being taught. 30 ukuleles still need to be purchased.
- High School – Notes for next year’s winter concerts:
- More volunteers needed for Freshman concerts
- Short on programs for 6th grade concerts
- More notice to parents for admission prices so that they know how to much money to bring
- Beth Hankins is talking to District Treasurer Kent Zeman about possibly linking ticket purchases to EZ Pay. Still in discussion, would need will-call table at all events.
- Clinton reports that there have been ongoing discussions about standardizing ticket prices for all concerts instead of different prices for grades/types. Discussions have stalled. Final word was from LHS Principal Keith Ahearn. Clinton said he can ask him reasons on why request has been denied. Could be that some music programs are extracurricular vs curricular? Tracey may raise issue at Board of Education meeting.
- Solo & Ensemble for Band on Jan. 28th at Rocky River High School. All freshman band members required to do a solo. Upperclassmen can choose to participate. Clinton S. pays for the fees for freshman and provides accompaniment.
- Jazz Workshop begins this week on Wednesday and Thursday mornings 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Jazz Band will meet on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- LHS Pep Band: Dates are on Charms. Will play at 10 games. T-shirts will be $5 for students who play at 3 games, pin will be given to those who play at 7 games.
Membership Report (Inas): 122 current members
Tiffany will check school mailboxes.
Clinton will send out Jan 31st membership deadline (to be eligible for scholarships) reminder to all music teachers.
Mary Jane Miller, member and attendee, states that she will donate money to purchase 5 ukuleles.
Meeting adjourned: 8:27 p.m.
Please consider a gift to our teachers via “Notes of Thanks”- that is, helping them stock their classroom with much-needed music supplies! You can help by choosing an item off of our “Notes of Thanks” board at the music concerts and purchasing it through Amazon Smile- your gift will give TWICE as we can get the teachers the items they desperately need AND LMBO will get .5% of the purchase price as a “kickback”- which goes right back to funding scholarships, events, and programs at Lakewood City Schools!
You can select shipment to our Lakewood Music Boosters Post Office Box and we will get it to the right school/teacher!
Lakewood Music Boosters
PO Box 770782
Lakewood OH 44107
It’s so easy and you can DIRECTLY help a teacher and students in our community. Won’t you take the first step today and install the Amazon Smile toolbar so you can help us each time?