Please support the Lakewood Music Boosters by purchasing a ‘Hanger’ and have your student/Family name proudly presented in the new performing arts wing opening August 2017
March 2nd: LHS Band contest concert 7:30pm Civic
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic bands perform their contest pieces
March 9th: LHS Jazz Festival 7:30pm Civic,
Harding and Garfield middle school jazz bands and LHS jazz workshop and LHS Jazz band
March 10th: Large group OMEA District contest at Midview East Intermediate School
March 11th: Large group OMEA District contest at Westlake High school
Tentative times for the Band:
Wind Ensemble – 10:30 AM
Symphonic Band – 3:30 PM
March 15th: Elementary Choir Festival 7pm Civic
The elementary extracurricular choir perform individually and together, Vive a la Four and Fourtes will also be performing.
March 16th: Angelo’s fundraiser for Lakewood Music boosters!
March 17th: Grant Elementary 1:30pm at Grant elementary school
Grades 2 & 3/Grant Singers
March 18th: Middle school Greater Cleveland Solo and Ensemble at Fairview Park
March 22nd: 8th Grade band festival 7:30pm Civic,
Harding and Garfield 8th grade bands perform with LHS Wind Ensemble
March 30th and 31st: Garfield 8th grade play 7:00pm both nights
8th grade play “Half Frozen” at Garfield middle school cafeteria, This play is a drama loosely based on the movie Frozen.
Save the date: Friday, May 19th Lakewood Music boosters will be holding a fund raiser at Around the Corner. Save the date to come for our gathering and enjoy food and drinks!
We are selling 100 football ‘squares’ for the 51st Superbowl Sunday, February 5, 2017 – NRG Stadium – Houston, TX. Each square that you purchase gives you a chance to win $200.
Once all the ‘square’ tickets are sold we will randomly assign you a football square per ticket. You just need to wait til the game is played to see if you are a winner. A winner will be determined at the end of the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and Final Game score. The winner is determined by looking at the last number in each teams’ score, and then matching those numbers on the grid and seeing which square intersects those two numbers. An example would be if the Miami Dolphins were playing the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, and the score at halftime was Miami Dolphins 23, and NY Giants 14. The last number for the Dolphins is 3, and the last number for the Giants is 4. The square on the grid that has the Dolphins with a number of 3, and Giants score of 4, would be the winner.
Minutes for Lakewood Music Boosters General Meeting
January 4, 2017
(Unofficial due to less than 8 general members in attendance)
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
President report (Tracey Logan):
- $22,000 needed for industrial garment rack in new Performing Arts Wing at LHS
- Selling “hangers” at $30/each or 4/$100 to raise funds
- Funds also needed for new choir shells and a music library storage system.
- During the 6 winter concerts, free-will donations, silent auction, and concessions, helped raise funds for these items. Ticket sales go to the teachers, not Boosters.
Treasurer Report (Mike Whitkofski):
- ~ $9,000 raised through memberships (current total)
- Free-will donations instead of 50/50 raffle during winter concerts brought in $2,511.29.
- Boosters received 2 large donations in December: $10,000 and $500.
1st V.P. Report (Beth Bender Thomas):
- Lakewood Festival of Music will be coming up in the Spring. (Date hasn’t been chosen.) Last year was the first year for the Festival and it raised $1700.
- Annual fruit sale didn’t do well this year.
- Booster Card – We haven’t done door-to-door sales.
- Pub Cards haven’t been created yet.
Ryan Snyder, attendee, has business called Mascot Booster. It’s a phone app instead of a physical discount card. Organizations receive 90% profit, local deals, and the company procures the deals. Provides 1 year of discounts.
3rd V.P. Report (Clinton Steinbrunner and Aaron Waryk):
- Middle schools say thank you to the Boosters for helping with concerts. They are preparing for OMEA contests.
- Elementary schools say thank you, too.
- Ukulele instructional program to be offered at elementary schools for 5th graders who aren’t in band/orchestra. This will be in addition to piano, and guitar, which are already being taught. 30 ukuleles still need to be purchased.
- High School – Notes for next year’s winter concerts:
- More volunteers needed for Freshman concerts
- Short on programs for 6th grade concerts
- More notice to parents for admission prices so that they know how to much money to bring
- Beth Hankins is talking to District Treasurer Kent Zeman about possibly linking ticket purchases to EZ Pay. Still in discussion, would need will-call table at all events.
- Clinton reports that there have been ongoing discussions about standardizing ticket prices for all concerts instead of different prices for grades/types. Discussions have stalled. Final word was from LHS Principal Keith Ahearn. Clinton said he can ask him reasons on why request has been denied. Could be that some music programs are extracurricular vs curricular? Tracey may raise issue at Board of Education meeting.
- Solo & Ensemble for Band on Jan. 28th at Rocky River High School. All freshman band members required to do a solo. Upperclassmen can choose to participate. Clinton S. pays for the fees for freshman and provides accompaniment.
- Jazz Workshop begins this week on Wednesday and Thursday mornings 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Jazz Band will meet on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- LHS Pep Band: Dates are on Charms. Will play at 10 games. T-shirts will be $5 for students who play at 3 games, pin will be given to those who play at 7 games.
Membership Report (Inas): 122 current members
Tiffany will check school mailboxes.
Clinton will send out Jan 31st membership deadline (to be eligible for scholarships) reminder to all music teachers.
Mary Jane Miller, member and attendee, states that she will donate money to purchase 5 ukuleles.
Meeting adjourned: 8:27 p.m.
Please consider a gift to our teachers via “Notes of Thanks”- that is, helping them stock their classroom with much-needed music supplies! You can help by choosing an item off of our “Notes of Thanks” board at the music concerts and purchasing it through Amazon Smile- your gift will give TWICE as we can get the teachers the items they desperately need AND LMBO will get .5% of the purchase price as a “kickback”- which goes right back to funding scholarships, events, and programs at Lakewood City Schools!
You can select shipment to our Lakewood Music Boosters Post Office Box and we will get it to the right school/teacher!
Lakewood Music Boosters
PO Box 770782
Lakewood OH 44107
It’s so easy and you can DIRECTLY help a teacher and students in our community. Won’t you take the first step today and install the Amazon Smile toolbar so you can help us each time?
Did you know that Lakewood Music Boosters offers scholarships to summer music camps and private lessons to all Lakewood elementary, middle, and high school students? All you have to do is become a member and apply by January 31st, 2017!
Lakewood High School’s Doorstep Direct Fruit Sale!
We are offering The Doorstep Direct Fruit Fundraiser to our customers. This program allows you to support Lakewood High School by ordering fruit online and having it shipped either directly to you or to someone else you think would enjoy this refreshing citrus.
Follow the instructions below to support our cause:
- Go to doorstepdirect.org
- Choose which delivery category you would like to order from in the upper left side of the home page
- Holiday Deliveries – arrive before Christmas
- January Deliveries – arrive before the end of January
- Select as many items as you would like
- For each item, you will need to select if you are sending it to yourself or to another recipient and the quantity you want to send
- There is a one-time $3.00 processing fee for each complete order, regardless of the number of items purchased
- Once you are done shopping, click the checkout button at the bottom right side of your shopping cart screen
- Shipping Information
- The shipping information will cycle through each recipient’s address information screen
- No PO Boxes please, as UPS is used for delivery
- The last line to be filled out is the personal message. Please fill this out so the recipient knows who sent the item
- Complete the Credit Card Information section
- Billing Information
- The first line, Group ID, is going to require you to enter RANGERS so that we receive the credit of your purchase
- It is very important to fill in the next line, Group Salesperson, so that we may give proper credit for your purchase
- Please verify all names and addresses on the order summary screen, as we are not responsible for any incorrect addresses
You will receive an email as your receipt for the purchase. Please email Mrs. Thomas at email@example.com with any questions. We greatly appreciate you supporting Lakewood High School. Have a great day!
Roosevelt Fall Concert: Nov 17th at 2pm, with 3rd, 4th, 5th grade students as well as orchestra
and choir. Continue reading
Cancellation of the Lakewood Music Boosters Rockin’ Reverse Raffle November 18th
The lakewood Music Boosters regrets inform you that the Rockin’ Reverse Raffle is being cancelled. Like you, we were very excited about this inaugural event and were in the final stages of our preparation. However underwhelming ticket sales forced us to cancel our gathering this Friday November 18th. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will understand our circumstances.
The holiday concert season will soon be upon us and you will see Lakewood Music Boosters out there supporting each and every one. Below you will find the concert schedule for all student performances at Civic Auditorium. We hope to see you there!
Lakewood Music Boosters
Winter Concert Schedule
November 30th 7th Grade Winter Concert 7:30PM
December 1st Concert Band, String & Phil, Freshman Choir 7:30PM
December 5th 8th Grade Winter Concert 7:30PM
December 6th Camerata orchestra and Symphonic Band 7:30PM
December 7th LHS Winter Choral Concert 7:30PM
December 8th 6th Grade Winter Concert 7:30PM
December 14th Sounds of the Season Concert 7:30PM
December 15th Sounds of the Season Concert 7:30PM
January 20th Lakewood Project Concert 7:30PM
January 25th Coffee House 7:30PM
Thank you for your silent auction bid to support the Lakewood Music Boosters and Lakewood music programs K-12.
Starting Friday the 9th until Sunday the 18th you can bid on ebay.com with the following Item ID’s. If your bid wins the basket we will contact you to set up local delivery. See ebay.com for more details about each silent auction item.
Sports Basket for Cleveland Ohio: Cleveland Monsters 2 Club seats for a game, Browns drawstring bag, Browns pencils, Browns folding Frisbee, Browns Pennant, CLE T-Shirt, Westside Skate pair of socks, 4 tickets to Lake County Captains Baseball game
ebay Item ID: 112223890916
Salt Restaurant Basket: $50 Gift certificate for dinner, bottle of wine, hat and T-shirt, menu
ebay Item ID: 112223853836
Rain Barrel – Donated by Toni Kulma
ebay Item ID: 112224091042
Vintage Coca-Cola Basket: Vintage glasses in a carrier, Tin, Glass bowl, napkins, bean bag plush polar bear toy, tablet cloth, oven mitts, tongs, holiday CD, 2 decks of cards, towels, serving tray (donated by Caroline Urban)
ebay Item ID: 112223864224
Brown Aveda Institute Package: Haircut and Style, Facial, Manicure with paraffin, 40 minute massage, Aveda travel size products
ebay Item ID: 112225318182
Family Package Food and Fun Basket: Spin cycle $70 bike tune up, Pat Catan’s $20 gift card, Staples $25egift card, Mahall’s bowling alley five $10 gift cards, $50 value world gift cards, Ice cream joy 6 single scoops of Ice Cream, Campbell’s Sweets Factory 2 bags of popcorn and two $5 gift cards, , Chocolate lovers journal ,4 tickets to the Cleveland Zoo, 4 children’s dinosaur books:
1. Dinosaurs, Discover Prehistoric Life, by Miles Kelly,
2. 1000 Facts on Fossils by Chris and Helen Pellant,
3.A Field Guide to Dinosaurs, The Essential Handbook for Travelers in the Mesozoic by Henry Gee and Luis V. Rey,
4. The Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia by Dougal Dixon
ebay Item ID: 112225341242
Food Basket: , $200 off catering for 20 people at Chipotle, Lakewood Pasta Co. (Megan Manning) donating a bag of pasta a month for a year
ebay Item ID: 112225344399
Home and Auto Package: Home Depot items: 76 piece homeowner’s tool set, utility bucket, safety glasses, 10 piece interchangeable blade screwdriver set, husky 8 gauge 12 ft booster jumper cable, Bruce’s Automotive and Fleet 1 yr of oil changes (4 oil changes)
ebay Item ID: 112225349833
Day Out Basket: MOCA 4 guest passes, Dewey’s Pizza $25 gift card, 2 tickets to Beck Mainstage show, Merry Edwards Winery bottle of wine (donated by Bob Bonds)
ebay Item ID: 112225352408
Garden Basket: Gardener’s journal, Tree from Anchor Landscaping (Sean McGuan)that will be planted next summer, 4 trees to chose from see http://www.planthaven.com/pdfs/_marketing/Cercis%20flyers.pdf for more information
ebay Item ID: 112225357135